1780’s stays

fullsizeoutput_1aa0

Costume design for Dangerous Liaisons

so for my final project before christmas break at uni I made a 1780’s corset inspired by an original v&A corset. As anyone knows I love fine detail and tailoring; so I loved this project. From the models measurements I made a basic block pattern and then altered it to a corset basic block to create a pattern that fits closely to the models torso then I started to alter the pattern into pattern pieces (as shown in the pictures below)

fullsizeoutput_1a9f

fullsizeoutput_1aa1

These photographs underneath show my finished corset.I am really pleased with the outcome of this corset, all the eyelets are hand sewn as I wanted to finish the corset historically accurate to the period; I especially like the small front eyelets as they look like little flowers. This corset would be suitable for film due to corset being constructed by machine but finished off by hand to let the viewers imagine the corset from the period.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s